2012 – Day Six

Happy Friday, everyone. I cannot figure out why this week seemed SO LONG to me when I only worked three days. Oh well, at least the work week has come to an end. I have a long “To Do” list this weekend and I cannot wait to start crossing things off of it.

As for my workout schedule, today is a “REST” day. I do not really know what to do with these days, it’s my normal habit to go to the gym. But I have read from a lot of trainers, coaches and experts that rest days are really important and you should really take a break from workouts and running on these days.

As for food, things sort of fell apart today – but I’m not going to dwell on it. Last night I was exhausted after my workout and did not have the energy to pack anything for breakfast or lunch (always the kiss of death).

When my alarm went off this morning at 5:35 AM I could not get up. I was soo tired. I just did not have it in me to force myself out of bed. I finally got up at 6:20 AM. Ugh. So anyway. I got to work an entire hour late this morning – oops. But I did not freak out about it, because it really didn’t matter to me if I worked until 5 since I did not have to run after work and I did not have to get up and go to work the next morning. (I love Saturdays – and Sundays for that matter!)

For breakfast I had one of my Christmas gifts!


This bar was great – I like LUNA bars because they have calcium and other vitamins, too. I had never tried this flavor, actually I had never even seen it before – but I will definitely look out for it the next time I am at the store.

At 10 o’clock I was starving. So I went to the caf and bought a Stonyfield yogurt. It got me through until 1:30 when I was finally able to have lunch. I had to run an errand during lunch, and I was near Upper Crust Pizza, so I ordered a slice of cheese and took it back to the office with me. It was tasty (as Upper Crust always is) but I was still starving after. I waited an hour and then committed a nutritional sin. I opened a second “bar”. I hate having two packaged nutritional bars in one day. But I had NO FOOD and there were not many options in the building. So, I slowly nibbled on a protein bar. I ate about half of it and wrapped the rest up (I had the other half about an hour later).

I worked until 5 o’clock. I drove home. Once I got home I had a snack of a few whole wheat crackers, hummus and several carrots. An hour later, I started dinner. I made a salad with carrots, cucumbers and a hard boiled egg. I added some dried cranberries for a twist. Then I heated up a small bowl of mom’s French Onion soup.



I have a long run on the schedule for tomorrow. I started wondering if this was the best ‘night before a run’ dinner… soup and a salad? I did not eat all of the lettuce (since my body is still having issues with raw greens) but I did have a good amount of the soup and all of the cucumbers, carrots, egg and cranberries. I also had two small slices of French bread.

Right now I am watching Chariots of Fire! I am such a running geek. My Friday night activity is watching a film about running in the 1920s. I have a very vague memory of watching this movie with my dad when I was very little. It is really interesting watching the film again. If you are interested in the history of the making of the film, check out the article in this month’s Runner’s World.

OK, I will be reporting on the weekend runs and my non-exciting activities. I plan on making a healthy-ish mac and cheese at some point this weekend. I have a long run planned for tomorrow and it is supposed to be rather beautiful out which is exciting. I am also looking forward to trying the new peanut butter GU!

Happy Friday everyone – see you tomorrow!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s