Breakfast · Dinner · Lunch


Hooray for the second day of work! Getting up this morning was not quite as bad as I thought it would be (I think it might hit me tomorrow?? I hope not!). I took the train to work, so I was able to get up at 6 o’clock instead of 5:45 – every fifteen minutes in the morning makes a huge difference to me 🙂 I left the house at 6:32 and had perfect timing getting to the train station. (One has to allot time to pay for parking and make the walk over to the stairs, bridge, and to the furthest platform to catch the train to Boston…) I just got to my place in line on the platform when I saw the train approaching from the distance. I love it when the train arrives on time – especially on a cold morning.

I read my book on the train, and thankfully did not fall asleep on the way in to the city. Once I got to South Station I purchased my traditional medium coffee from ABP and added ten dollars on to my subway pass. Somehow I managed to get to the office by 8am!

I ate breakfast at 9:45 this morning. Before getting sick I had to try and wait to have breakfast so that I could make it until lunch time without eating my arm off… now I have to remind myself to eat breakfast. It is healthier to eat breakfast rather than skip it – I never thought it would be something I had to conscientiously do. I am guessing my love of breakfast will come back with a few more days of waking up at 5:45 in the morning!

Breakfast this morning was a little over ½ a cup of Stoneyfield yogurt, a small handful of Kashi Go Lean Crunch and a few raisins.


It was quite good, and it got me through until noon when I had lunch.

Lunch today was a salad of spinach, red peppers, cucumber, and tomato with Boar’s Head reduced sodium turkey – again. This time I threw in a little container of black beans and rice on the side.


At 2:30 I broke into my afternoon snack of cranberries, almonds and semi-sweet chocolate chips. This is a great snack (about 1/4 of a cup all together) and got me through until I got home a few minutes after 6 o’clock tonight.

Once I walked through the door at home, I got started on dinner right away because I was starving! I snacked on a few of whole wheat chips and fresh salsa while I chopped vegetables. I made another wrap of sorts. Last night I was hungry even after dinner, so tonight I modified dinner a bit and added an egg.

I sautéed chopped red peppers and onions in a bit of olive oil first:


Then I added an egg and a handful of spinach. I toasted my whole wheat wrap with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top. Once I got everything together (I added a bit of rice, beans, salsa and hot sauce once everything was on the plate) it looked very filling! Could the egg have bulked it up that much? Maybe it is because I put the salsa on the wrap rather than having it on the side… Who knows, but I thought it looked good!


Anyhow, this dinner was really great and I loved all of the fresh ingredients. I had a glass of milk on the side. The combo of the wrap and milk helped take away my ravenous hunger!

I have one more day of work left before a day off for doctors appointments, etc. I am looking forward to sleeping in a little bit on Thursday, I can’t lie – but I am also loving being back at work. 🙂

See you all tomorrow!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s