In case you have not been able to tell, but I have been a bit stressed out for the last couple of weeks. Yesterday was a pretty stressful day – more so than some of the others. I hate stress. I do my best to not let it get to me. I have made progress in this area, but I am definitely still working on it.

Here is a brief recap of food. I never actually had a lunch break yesterday, and I barely had time to eat – so no pictures were taken.

Let’s start from the beginning. I woke up at 5:30 AM. I was really proud of myself for getting up early and getting my day started before the sun was up. (Yuck – waking up in the dark is so uncool.)

Breakfast was prepared at 5:45 AM. A smoothie. Plain yogurt, a small handful of raw oats, a small banana, a handful of blueberries, chia and flax seeds, protein powder, ice and 2 tablespoons of PB2. It was a great smoothie. This mixture made two – one for me and one for mom.

I filled up my travel mug with coffee and I promptly left the house at 6:05 AM.

I started drinking my smoothie in the car at around 6:40 or so. It was still nice and cold.  I got to work at 7:15. I had to go to my second office which is further into Boston – and I was pleased with the commute, seeing as though it is September. I was especially pleased when I found out later it took three of my colleagues over TWO HOURS to get to work yesterday.

I had a second breakfast at 10 AM because I was getting hungry. I had 6 or 8 ounces of Greek yogurt. It did the trick, and I am glad I stopped for my second breakfast because I was not able to have lunch until sometime after 1 o’clock in the afternoon. I basically scarfed down my salad with chicken and balsamic while at my desk trying to track down different colleagues due to a small crisis of sorts at work. It was not fun. I spent my lunch time on the phone and responding to emails. I had really wanted to get outside for a walk, but I did not feel like I could leave the building. Maybe today I will get out for a walk.

Along with the salad which was fantastic and beautiful, I had a piece of homemade bread. YUM. Later in the afternoon my stress lead me to snack on a handful of peanut M&Ms. They are my favorite thing to snack on.  I had eight.

At 3 o’clock I had a diet coke. Ew, I know.

I left work and drove to get a pedicure.  I needed to de-stress. I knew that running would take care of that, but I also wanted to relax. So I opted out of a workout, because it was hot humid, and raining.

I nearly fell asleep in the pedicure chair. I was supposed to go shopping for fall clothes after, but I went home instead. I had dinner which was two pieces of pizza from Federal Hill. Thin crust, thankfully with fresh mozzarella. It was lovely. I also had a small handful of cherry tomatoes (purple, orange, yellow and red!) and half of a pear. 🙂

Then I got ready for bed, read my new book (via the nook) on the couch and went upstairs to bed at around 9:15. I was asleep a little after 10:15 which is early for me.

Happy Friday, everyone. Hope you are having a great day. Any fun plans for the weekend??? AFM is coming for a visit and we are going to Cook and Brown for dinner on Saturday. I am really looking forward to our meal and our weekend. Check in for a full review on dinner – and before that. See you in a bit!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s