Dinner · Running · yoga


Hi All –

Well, in case you were wondering – I am still out here in cyber space. 🙂 It’s been nearly two weeks (I think??) since my last post. Oops. In the last two weeks I have made sure to get life back on track. I’ve been making time to exercise every day and I’ve been eating well, too (which was not that hard to do since I have been doing it for a long time!) The last two weeks were all about finding some sort of time in my schedule to make time to run or go to the gym at least four days a week. With the long commute, trying to make time to sleep, getting things done around the house and having some sort of ‘life’ out side of all of this, the blog was one of the things to fall to the way side.

So, today I’m back! I took photos of lunch and dinner and I can tell you all about my weird breakfast 🙂 But before that I thought I would let you all know about a dinner I made a few days ago. For my mom’s birthday I made another one of Jacque’s recipes… the little shrimp casseroles. I love this recipe!! It was a little labor intensive, just because I had to shell and de-vain the shrimp, but after that it was soooo easy. It turned out really well, and I cannot wait to make it again. Click here for the recipe.

P9180008.JPG P9180009.JPG

My mom, sister and I all really enjoyed the shrimp casserole, along with a glass of pinot grigio.

The day after cooking the shrimp meal, I met my friend Danielle for a great yoga class at Eyes on the World Yoga studio in Providence. We took a mellow yoga class, which is one of their versions of vinyasa. It is a 90 minute class and it is really relaxing. We are going again this Saturday morning and I am really looking forward to it.

Over the past two weeks I have been running about three days a week, and doing my usual 2 1/2 mile walk at lunch about three days a week, too. We have been pretty lucky in that we have been having a great month of September – it has been beautiful weather and I have taken advantage of it as much as possible by running outside in the park. In order to do this, I have to wake up at 5:45 in the morning (and be on the road by 6:15) to get to work early so that I can be back home by 5:30 to get 45 minutes of daylight to run in.

Back to my day today. I took the train to work, which is a nice treat on Tuesdays (and sometimes Wednesdays) because I get to sleep in until 6:30 🙂 I got to work at 8:30 this morning, and dove right in to my work day. I was not hungry for breakfast, but at 9 o’clock I ate half of the peanut butter and jam sandwich I had packed for lunch just to get something in my tummy for “breakfast”. I had packed a Greek yogurt with flax, PB2 and granola for breakfast, but I just was not feeling it – but I saved it for tomorrow’s breakfast.

For lunch I walked to ABP and made a salad with mixed greens (spinach and romaine) with green beans, mushrooms, cucs, tomatoes, carrots and croutons. Along with the salad I had a pomegranate seltzer and the other half of my peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread.



Tonight, unfortunately, there was no time for the gym or running. But I am glad that I walked 2 1/2 miles (a mile at lunch and a bit over a mile and a half getting to and from the train) I got off the train tonight at 6:40 and had to run errands until about 8 o’clock tonight. After running around for over an hour, I was a bit hungry for dinner. Thankfully I had something already prepared… whole wheat pasta, TJ’s tomato and garlic sauce (reduced sodium of course!) a small bread stick (100 calories) and two of mom’s homemade meat balls. This dinner really hit the spot.


OK, so that is a wrap. I am off to prep for tomorrow’s early morning. See you all soon!


3 thoughts on “Tuesday

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s