I’m such a loser. I left my camera at home today, because I was blogging in bed before falling asleep reading John Adams. I think my camera is in bed. I hope. I still have to find it.
OK, so a brief all verbal recap.
1. coffee and 1% milk, enjoyed while driving through the snow to work 🙂
2. Chobani Greek Yogurt – blueberry flavor along with TJ granola, a tablespoon of PB2 (which is more than usual, but it spilled into the container as I was measuring out last night – good thing I love the stuff!) along with a few dashes of cinnamon.
3. A second cup of coffee at 9:45.
I was starving before lunch, but made it through.
1. small cup of corn chowder (a small cup at the caf @ work is less than a cup thankfully!)
2. spinach salad with mushrooms, carrots and cherry tomatoes. 1 tablespoon of Newman’s own ginger dressing.
3. Half a brownie that my friend Kaitlyn made.
Ahh… the reason I had the brownie?! I started getting a huge headache at around 10:30. I took a total of two Motrin, one when the headache first started and one after lunch because it had not gone away even though I had consumed 1 1/2 liters of water. (I thought I might have been dehydrated). I thought the sugar might help, because the water and motrin had NOT helped.
1. light babybel cheese
2. 8 whole wheat crackers
3. diet coke – because I still had a headache
In total during the day I consumed over three liters of water. This is an average water day for me, nothing out of the ordinary. Cannot figure out why I had such a headache today, it is out of the ordinary for me.
After work I had quite a few errands to run. And I ran them.
2. Gas for my car, road trip out to western-ish Mass tomorrow
3. Bank, cash needed for the next couple of days
4. CVS – RXs to be filled
HOME finally around 7 o’clock. My mom had made dinner! She made freshly put together hamburgers. Weird to have red meat twice in one week, but this hamburger was fantastic!! I loved it because it was on the smaller side, and I put a slice of Swiss cheese on my bun along with some spinach and dijon mustard. I had a few home baked french fries as well. After dinner I was still hungry, and I had cantaloupe and a clementine. I love fruit!
After dinner I started thinking about what to pack for my trip tomorrow. I wish I was traveling for a good reason, but instead I am traveling to say good bye to a good friend. Tomorrow is the wake and Friday morning is the memorial service. It will be a sad time (but I will be with other good friends), and I will most likely not be back at the Blog until Saturday.
OK, I’m packed. I have run the errands. I have had good food. My headache is gone. I am hydrated. 🙂 Right now I am sipping on some ginger tea with a teaspoon of honey stirred in. It is fantastic.
A note about having red meat for dinner. I have to say for the first time in a couple of days I am not hungry. I am wondering if I am not getting enough protein in my diet. Yesterday and the day before I had a glass of milk with extra protein powder stirred in. Along with my cheese and Greek yogurt, I thought that would be enough to get me through. I don’t know.
OK – I am signing off for now. Hope to get back to the gym and running soon. Will be sure to let you know how it goes! [for the record I went once this week so far – Monday]