What a Hump Day.

Ok – I have to just accept that I’m having one of those weeks. I just cannot seem to win when it comes to my commute to work. On Monday, as you may recall it took me two hours to get to work. Tuesday I recovered – taking the train was a great choice. Today, I took the train again hoping for a great repeat performance. No such luck. My train was running about 40 minutes behind by the time we pulled in to South Station. Thus, I was late to work yet again. I am lucky because my office takes part in “flex time” so as long as you get in some time between 6:30 am and 9:30 am you are not “late” (as long as you don’t have a meeting scheduled at 8am or something!) you just work 8 1/2 hours to finish out your work day.

I shudder at the time I have set my alarm to go off tomorrow morning. 5:10 or 5:15 AM. I am hoping to leave the house at or soon after 5:30 (have I ever mentioned that I am super speedy in the morning when I put my mind to it?). Argh. I have packed my lunch, chosen my clothes and shoes for the day, packed my gym bag, and taken my shower – oh and most importantly I have set the coffee for the morning. So, tomorrow morning – a super quick shower, get dressed grab all three of my bags, try not to spill coffee on my pretty pants and I am off. Fingers crossed that I can get to work at a decent hour tomorrow.

I am excited / nervous for my after work activity tomorrow evening. I have my first ever appointment with a personal trainer at my Boston Sports Club! I hope this is going to be a great thing for me, and I am really looking forward to working with the trainer. I’ll let y’all know how it goes. Hopefully it will not be too embarrassing!

So, because I’m getting up before the sun does tomorrow, I am going to wrap up tonight’s post rather quickly. I promise to post the pics tomorrow. A brief recap:

Breakfast – you don’t even want to know. As we were stranded on the train, Tim and I ate ‘Nilla Wafers. I had about five, and figured that would be breakfast. I really did not have time to toast up my Rudi’s english muffin when I got to work this morning. 😦

I made it to lunch – by snacking on a small piece of dark chocolate at 11:15 this morning 😉

Lunch: Whole Foods burrito, Chobani vanilla yogurt with blueberries and granola mixed in. This was a pretty good lunch with a total of 30 grams of protein, and no meat – some what of an accomplishment, I thought.

Snack: another piece of dark chocolate in the afternoon. At 4 o’clock I toasted up my english muffin, smeared a tablespoon of peanut butter on it and it got me through until dinner @ 7:15 tonight.

Dinner: when I walked into the house, I was so surprised and happy to see a roasted chicken in the oven, along with mashed potatoes, green beans and cranberry sauce. This is seriously my favorite meal of all time (chicken or turkey – Thanksgiving basically!). My mom had really whipped up an amazing dinner that kept my stomach from hunger for the rest of the evening – amazing.

Mom and I also ran errands after dinner. I bought a new pair of Dansko sandals – I can’t wait to wear them! I also stopped by one of my all time favorite stores – Williams Sonoma, more on this tomorrow. But I finally scored one of the cooking tools I have been looking for for years! It really made my week. I found a fish spatula. Who the heck would have thought it would take me about three years to finally find one of these! I never knew exactly what they were called, so every time I went by a kitchen / chef store, I would pop in and look and never find one. I was so excited, the WS folks really thought I was a special costumer. I can’t wait to use it.

Ok – signing off. See y’all tomorrow and I hope you are all having a wonderful week!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s